Saturday, January 4, 2020

VA - The Beauty In Song CD1+CD2 (A Butterboy Compilation) (2 x CD's)




BEAUTY IN SONG

VA - The Beauty In Song CD1+CD2 (A Butterboy Compilation) (2 x CD's)


I truly enjoy rock songs that are best described as beautiful. They capture your heart and give you time to think. Some spark your imagination and rekindle fond (sometimes, painful) memories. That beauty is mostly in the melody and the lyric. Many are love songs and others are simply beautiful ballads which combines poignant lyrics. A beautiful song may also be just about the music, a soulful melody, and gentle refrain, soothing guitar riff or a striking guitar solo which is a fitting instrumentation to set the song apart. Some songs are so striking you get an emotional connection immediately.

There are thousands of songs that could fall into the above categories and which effect us individually. Some artists or bands that have many songs that could be classed as beautiful.  I have tried to limit song choices to include only one song by an artist but there are two entries for The Beatles, Van Morrison and John Lennon. I hope you enjoy the tracks I have chosen for these compilations. Warning , Beauty is in the ear of the beholder... Thank you Ice X for the idea.


Tomorrow I will post part 2,  VA - More Beauty In Song CD1+CD2 (A Butterboy Compilation)

PART 1
===========================================================

VA - The Beauty In Song CD1+CD2 (A Butterboy Compilation)

https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/TdHdIRcE/file.html

===========================================================

Track Lists

CD1


01    Kinks    Waterloo Sunset    3:18
02    Ray Thomas    I Wish We Could Fly    5:29
03    Beatles    Here, There and Everywhere    2:24
04    Moby Grape    8-05    2:33
05    Beach Boys    You Still Believe in Me    2:25
06    Association    Never My Love    3:08
07    Patto    You, You Point Your Finger    4:36
08    Luka Bloom    Dreams in America    6:14
09    Ryan Adams    I Love You But I Don't Know What to Say    4:10
10    Air    Le Femme D'argent    7:11
11    Jacques Brel    Ne Me Quitte Pas (Don't Leave Me)    3:49
12    Eric Clapton    Easy Now    2:57
13    Bon Iver    Holocene    5:36
14    Elvis Presley    Can't Help Falling in Love    3:00
15    John Lennon    Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)    4:06
16    Alan Parsons Project    Siren Song    4:59
17    Emerson, Lake & Palmer    From the Beginning    4:08
18    Frankie Valli    My Eyes Adored You    3:33
19    Bob Dylan    Every Grain of Sand    6:13
20    Beatles    Something    3:02
21    Van Morrison    Spanish Steps    5:23
22    Cinematic Orchestra    To Build a Home    6:11
23    Electric Light Orchestra    Can't Get it Out of My Head    3:08
24    Gordon Lightfoot    If You Could Read My Mind    3:50
25    Ennio Morricone    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly    2:39

CD2

26    Sigur Ros    Ara Batur    4:15
27    Elton John    Your Song    3:59
28    Harry Nilsson    Without You    3:21
29    Moody Blues    Nights in White Satin    4:24
30    America    I Need You    3:06
31    Keane    She Has No Time    5:45
32    Fleetwood Mac    Albatross    3:12
33    Iron & Wine    Boy with a Coin    3:48
34    Simon & Garfunkel    The Sounds of Silence    3:09
35    Alan Parsons Project    To One in Paradise    4:21
36    Shins    New Slang    3:51
37    John Lennon    Imagine    3:04
38    R.E.M.    At My Most Beautiful    3:38
39    Squeeze    Tempted    3:58
40    Antony and the Johnsons    Hope There's Someone    4:42
41    Of Monsters and Men    Dirty Paws    4:38
42    Journey    Open Arms    3:17
43    Oasis    Let There Be Love    5:29
44    Thirteen Senses    Angels and Spies    5:12
45    Diana Ross    Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)    3:24
46    Willie Nelson (with Carrie Underwood)    Always on My Mind    3:56
47    Israel Kamakawiwo'ole    Somewhere Over the Rainbow    5:07
48    Etta James    At Last    3:02
49    Louis Armstrong    What a Wonderful World    3:36
50    Procol Harum    A Whiter Shade of Pale    4:06

=============================================================
=============================================================

19 comments:

  1. Great job BB!! I will be listening soon to this one! Happy to see another of your comps show up. You are right, this category is vastly interesting for the very reason it is more interpreted appreciation than technical observation. You got me tho with inclusion of "What A Wonderful World" as that one my father requested be played at his memorial. Your're getting at the heart of one of the big reasons we all love our music.. it brings out the beauty, emotion, despair, hopefulness, and more, in us all. There's a world of great music out there.. and I have to thank you for reminding me, and more often than not, introducing us to some of the best and most memorable through your compilations and sharing.. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mrRadio,
      For your thoughts and kind words. There is a world of great music out there and I know that these comps will not account for everyone's likes. But it is important to me anyway to express the music I find beautiful and memorable. There will be more of these with songs that some will know a songs that may be new.

      As always, I appreciate your support and kindness.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, so it's tough to argue with anyone's selections on such a list, but . . . I feel like it's missing "I Wish I Could Fly" by Blue. Badfinger, The Hollies and The Everly Brothers all could have filled out a 50-song 2 CD set all by themselves, but there's just so much beauty in Rock & Roll music (despite my parents constantly yelling "Turn that noise down!" in my youth). Again, Butterboy, I ain't going to argue about your wonderful list, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I didn't even notice the shout-out! Back at ya, you music-lover extraordinaire! And I didn't notice your mention of Part 2. You were kind of enough to consider some of my suggestions for part 1, so hopefully Blue will get its due also! For the Everlys-you can't go wrong with "Wings of a Nightingale" (McCartney composed) or so many others-"Why Worry" (Dire Straits song), the glorious cover of the criminally underrated Dylan song "Abandoned Love", their own "Born Yesterday" or many of their 50's classics. Even if they don't make the cut, I'd advise anyone who loves beautiful rock music to seek them out. I'll leave you to it. You consistently deliver incredible comps daily and I (and others) can't thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ice X,
      You started this conversation and I thank you for that. Unfortunately, I will probably be criticized for some of the choices. I also know, as you point out, that there are thousands of songs that I could include. I have tried , as always, to make a varied compilations that can be expanded upon. So expect new volumes to be added in the future and somewhere along the way your choices may turn up. Incidentally, Waterloo Sunset is a most beautiful song and one of my all time favorites. My surprise in putting these comps together is always why didn't I include that song... I will keep digging and who knows what beautiful songs will turn up.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Mr. Radio and Ice X put it as well as it could possibly said - a great subjective challenge, and some fine, thoughtful selections. Thank you for adding some more Happy to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aging Child.
      Like your new hairdo...

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. All credit goes to the bucket of styling gel, and 7x-Great Grandfather Johann Balthasar's wind-tunnel hair dryer. For classical-music listening, there can be no finer coiffure.

      Delete
    3. You made me laugh. That a great way to start the day.
      I need a new hair drier, I'll go to Coiffure International for mine. But it seems that Gel will probably do the trick.

      Sometime I wear a Fez when I listen to classical music...

      Cheers

      Delete
    4. I like the fez idea! Keep it in reach for Steely Dan marathons, too. ;-)

      Delete
  5. It's been nice to re-aquire lots of these classics with bonus shots of new (to me) songs.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernie,
      I am glad that there are new songs for you to explore here.

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Nice set - thanks!
    Who is singing with with Willie Nelson on track 46?

    Mike M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike
      Thank you,
      Carrie Underwood is singing with Willie Nelson. A big mistake for not including her name in the track list.... Now rectified. Thanks for asking.

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Your compilations always make me feel good but this one especially. Do you post your compilations on Spotify by any chance?? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GeeDub,
      Welcome. Thanks for your kind comments
      Glad your enjoying The Beauty In Song comps. I am so pleased that they make you feel good.

      No Spotify I'm afraid.

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Many thanks for this great collection from Belgium.Your site is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gerarkenmuziek,
      That very kind of you to say so. Much appreciated.
      I hope you are enjoying the compilations posted here.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  9. Love your work BB. Many thanks for these comforting sounds in troubled times.

    ReplyDelete