Friday, January 24, 2020

VA - The Complete FAME Singles Vol 1 1964-67 [2014] (2 x CD's)




FAME SINGLES

VA - The Complete FAME Singles Vol 1 1964-67 [2014] (2 x CD's)


The Muscle Shoals music scene, and its pioneer Rick Hall, have received a lot of attention recently. The Muscle Shoals documentary film devoted a great deal of coverage to Hall’s work and in January 2014 the Grammy committee presented him with a Special Merit award. Only a man with such great talent could have made a one-track country town in Alabamaan important centre of the American recording industry. As a tribute to his outstanding legacy, we are releasing the first volume in our “The Complete Fame Singles” series. (Ace)

I can't say enough good about this 2-CD set from Ace. The label already has a great reputation, and this release will only add to that. A single release with the "A" sides of the 26 singles would have been welcome, but thank goodness Ace didn't do that, because most of the "B" sides are as good, if not better, than the "A" sides. I was familiar with Jimmy Hughes, Arthur Conley, and Clarence Carter, but I had no idea what I had missed by not hearing the other 9 artists featured here. Of the 52 tracks featured on this release, I can safely say there are 52 fantastic recordings. This may very well be my favorite Ace release yet. Highly recommended! I can hardly wait for Vols. 2 and 3 to get released. (Amazon)


===========================================================

VA - The Complete FAME Singles Vol 1 1964-67 [2014] CD1+CD2

https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/rZhdBGrM/file.html

===========================================================

Track Lists



CD1


01    Jimmy Hughes    Steal Away    2:26
02    Jimmy Hughes    Lollypops, Lace and Lipstick    2:25
03    Dan Penn    Close to Me    2:10
04    Dan Penn    Let Them Talk    2:06
05    Jimmy Hughes    Try Me    2:35
06    Jimmy Hughes    Lovely Ladies    2:21
07    Jimmy Hughes    I'm Getting Better    2:01
08    Jimmy Hughes    I Want Justice    2:15
09    Spooner & the Spoons    Hey, Do You Wanna Marry    2:15
10    Spooner & the Spoons    Wish You Didn't Have to Go    2:09
11    June Conquest    Almost Persuaded    2:41
12    June Conquest    Party Talk    2:27
13    Jimmy Hughes    Goodbye My Lover Goodbye    2:27
14    Jimmy Hughes    It Was Nice    2:37
15    Dan Penn    (Take Me) Just As I Am    2:44
16    Dan Penn    Diamonds    2:16
17    Jimmy Hughes    You Really Know How to Hurt a Guy    2:21
18    Jimmy Hughes    The Loving Physician    2:19
19    Jimmy Hughes    Midnight Affair    2:29
20    Jimmy Hughes    When It Comes to Dancing    1:57
21    James Barnett    Keep On Talking    2:35
22    James Barnett    Take a Good Look    2:27
23    Terry Woodford    Gonna Make You Say Yeah    2:20
24    Terry Woodford    Hit the Ground    2:05
25    Jimmy Hughes    Neighbor, Neighbor (Version 2)    2:38
26    Jimmy Hughes    It's a Good Thing    2:24

CD2

01    Terry Woodford    It's His Town    2:49
02    Terry Woodford    She Wants What She Can't Have    2:13
03    The Villagers    Laugh It Off    2:32
04    The Villagers    You're Gonna Lose That Girl    2:10
05    Jimmy Hughes    I Worship the Ground You Walk On    2:27
06    Jimmy Hughes    A Shot of Rhythm and Blues    2:18
07    Arthur Conley    In the Same Old Way    2:47
08    Arthur Conley    I Can't Stop (No, No, No)    2:28
09    Art Freeman    I Can't Get You Out of My Mind    2:28
10    Art Freeman    Slippin' Around with You    2:57
11    Arthur Conley    I'm Gonna Forget About You    2:12
12    Arthur Conley    Take Me (Just As I Am)    2:58
13    Clarence Carter    I Stayed Away Too Long    2:41
14    Clarence Carter    Tell Daddy    2:27
15    Jimmy Hughes    Why Not Tonight    3:00
16    Jimmy Hughes    I'm a Man of Action    2:14
17    Art Freeman    Everybody's Got to Cry Sometime    2:58
18    Art Freeman    A Piece of My Heart    2:43
19    Clarence Carter    Thread the Needle    2:44
20    Clarence Carter    Don't Make My Baby Cry    2:29
21    Jimmy Hughes    Don't Lose Your Good Thing    2:47
22    Jimmy Hughes    You Can't Believe Everything You Hear    2:17
23    Jimmy Hughes    Hi Heel Sneakers    2:54
24    Jimmy Hughes    Time Will Bring You Back    2:04
25    Clarence Carter    She Ain't Gonna Do Right    2:25
26    Clarence Carter    The Road of Love    2:51

=============================================================
=============================================================

14 comments:

  1. Yo BB You're kicking ass and taking hyphenate names......!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is so good. Congrats for your taste and thx a lot for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Thank you ppp.
      Enjoy the music.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi pingw494,
      You are welcome. Enjoy the sounds.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hi, thanks for this :)

    I'd like to point you in the direction of this release:

    The Fame Studios Story 1961-1973 (Kent Soul ‎– KENTBOX 12) (2011)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi puw,
      Thanks for the suggestion, I have most of the fame story albums and plan to post them in the future.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. I read in the comments (always good to read) after this reply that you've 80,000 or so, so I'll keep my mouth shut LOL, and 'should' you ever get stuck, please ask.

      Delete
    3. Hi puw
      I do indeed have many albums but I am always amazed by how many I don't have which is many, many more.
      If I get stuck i will also yell out.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Hi BB

    It's me again. Another re-up please?

    I totally get it. Zips epire after 30 days of no activity.

    If I keep finding expireds, will limit my requests to one request every day or so.

    And *i* thought *I* had deep passion. LOL..

    I totally get it.

    Regards,

    ~Rhino~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhino,
      Here is a new link as requested. Tested and Working. Also Main page has new links.

      VA - The Complete FAME Singles Vol 1 1964-67 [2014] CD1+CD2
      https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/rZhdBGrM/file.html

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the Fame Collection BB.
    Actually I was looking around for a Jimmy Hughes collection.
    When I saw this and all the Jimmy Hughes songs on it, said...gotta have it!
    cheers mate,
    Denis

    ReplyDelete