Monday, June 5, 2023

BB LUCKY DIP #217

BB LUCKY DIP #217

Lucky Dip's will be a mystery gift to those who choose to pick them up. 


Today's topic: BURIED TREASURES 1


Stephen's Quote of The Day:    

"Did I mention that I used to be captain of the Irish smoking team?”   ...Feargal Sharkey 


=============================================

If you love music and want to explore some hidden gems, you should check out the “Buried Treasures” section in MOJO magazine. This section has been featuring albums that are considered as forgotten or underrated masterpieces since MOJO issue #40 until #310 (September 2019). You can find albums from various genres and eras, such as rock, pop, folk, soul, jazz, blues, country, psychedelic, experimental and more. You can also read a brief review and background information about each album and its artist. The “Buried Treasures” section is a great way to discover new music or revisit old favorites that may have been overlooked or underappreciated by the mainstream. You can also appreciate the diversity and richness of musical expression and creativity across different times and places. The section shows how much MOJO magazine cares about music and its history. (B)

=============================================

Pt.1     Pt.2 

=============================================

=============================================

8 comments:

  1. “Did I mention that I used to be captain of the Irish smoking team?”
    Feargal Sharkey

    One of the great bands the Underones.......

    ...and just because...one of the great opening lyrics to any song.......

    “I am angry, I am ill and I’m as ugly as sin
    My irritability keeps me alive and kicking
    I know the meaning of life, it doesn’t help me a bit
    I know beauty and I know a good thing when I see it”.

    “A Song From Under The Floorbaords” – Magazine
    (Barry Adamson, John Doyle, John McGeoch, Dave Formula, Howard Devoto)

    After the initial shock...horror....we ended up being so lucky when Howard left the Buzzcocks, as we then had two fantastic bands!!

    Cheers
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Butterboy for this new topic!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Il Commendatore.
      I think this new series will provide lots of joy to those who pick it up. Many more to come.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, I love discovering new music. Only one I already knew was Paul Williams, the others never heard about. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, berkaal.
      Lucky Dips are always fun and sometimes rare gifts will be found.
      Cheers.

      Delete