Monday, June 26, 2023

Tina Turner - Queen of Rock and Soul,1961-1982 [2023] (Herve's Tribute)

TINA TURNER R.I.P.

Tina Turner - Queen of Rock and Soul, 1961-1982 [2023] (Herve's Tribute)

Tina Turner was a legendary singer and performer who was known as the Queen of Rock and Soul. She had a long and successful career that spanned six decades and influenced generations of artists. She passed away at the age of 83 on May 24, 2023, after a long illness. She was mourned by many celebrities and fans around the world, who celebrated her legacy and achievements. She was also the subject of a biography book called Tina Turner: The Queen of Rock and Soul, which was published shortly before her death. She will always be remembered as one of the greatest singers of all time.

This is a tribute to Tina Turner’s soul career in the 60s and 70s, which I think was much more powerful and authentic than her pop comeback in the 80s. She endured a lot of abuse and hardship from her ex-husband Ike, but she never lost her passion and energy for music. She was one of the undisputed Queens of Rock and Soul, with a fiery voice and a magnetic presence. This compilation of 51 tracks showcases her best songs from that period, full of emotion and intensity.

I hope you enjoy this playlist, and I want to thank BB for hosting me on his amazing blog. I’m very grateful!

My name is Hervé Guilleminot, and I live in Paris. I have been listening to various kinds of music for over 40 years, and I love making musical compilations in different genres. Music is one of the joys of my life, and I’m always amazed by the new discoveries I make every day, even in music that I thought I knew well. That’s the magic of music: it makes me feel like a curious and excited listener all the time. (Hervé)

==========================================================

==========================================================

Track list

01 Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love (Edit) 2:40

02 Ike & Tina Turner - I'm Jealous 2:15

03 Ike & Tina Turner - You Can't Love Two 2:54

04 Ike & Tina Turner - Sleepless 2:55

05 Ike & Tina Turner - It's Gonna Work Out Fine 3:03

06 Ike & Tina Turner - Tra La La La La 2:40

07 Ike & Tina Turner - Desire 3:01

08 Ike & Tina Turner - Good Good Lovin' 2:28

09 Ike & Tina Turner - Somebody (Somewhere) Needs You (Loma 2015) [Stereo] 2:39

39 Ike & Tina Turner - Sexy Ida [Part 1] 2:31

10 Ike & Tina Turner - Five Long Years 2:42

11 Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep - Mountain High 3:39

12 Ike & Tina Turner - I Idolize You 3:45

13 Ike & Tina Turner - A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Every Day) 3:06

14 Ike & Tina Turner - Every Day I Have To Cry 2:39

20 Ike & Tina Turner - I'll Never Need More Than This 3:34

15 Ike & Tina Turner - All I Can Do Is Cry 5:38

16 Ike & Tina Turner - Shake A Tail Feather 2:19

17 Ike & Tina Turner - I'm Fed Up 2:15

18 Ike & Tina Turner - I've Been Loving You Too Long 3:55

19 Ike & Tina Turner - I Am A Motherless Child 3:30

21 Ike & Tina Turner - Bold Soul Sister 2:38

22 Ike & Tina Turner - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More) 2:32

23 Ike & Tina Turner; The Ikettes - Honky Tonk Women 3:12

24 Ike & Tina Turner; The Ikettes - Unlucky Creature 2:27

25 Ike & Tina Turner; The Ikettes - Contact High 2:18

26 Ike & Tina Turner - Goodbye, So Long 1:57

27 Ike & Tina Turner - Let It Be 3:10

28 Ike & Tina Turner - Workin' Together 3:36

29 Ike & Tina Turner - Game Of Love 2:46

30 Ike & Tina Turner - Ooh Poo Pah Doo 3:36

31 Ike & Tina Turner - Funkier Than A Mosquita's Tweeter 2:35

32 Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary 4:57

33 Ike & Tina Turner - I Love Baby 2:24

34 Ike & Tina Turner - Black Coffee 2:42

35 Ike & Tina Turner - Popcorn 3:10

36 Ike & Tina Turner - Up On The Roof 2:57

37 Ike & Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits 2:57

38 Ike & Tina Turner - Fancy Annie 2:20

40 Ike & Tina Turner - Doozie 2:54

41 Ike & Tina Turner - Walk With Me (I Need You Lord To Be My Friend) 3:41

42 Tina Turner - Help Me Make It Through The Night 3:01

43 Tina Turner - The Love That Lights Our Way 3:12

03 Tina Turner - Acid Queen 3:00

05 Tina Turner - 45  Whole Lotta Love 5:23

46 Ike & Tina Turner - Too Much For One Woman 3:01

47 Ike & Tina Turner - Trying To Find My Mind 2:51

48 Tina Turner - Funny How Time Slips Away 4:11

49 Tina Turner - A Woman In A Man's World 2:43

50 Tina Turner - Backstabbers 3:38

51 Bonus - Ball Of Confusion 4:10

=============================================================

=============================================================

17 comments:

  1. nice B.B thank you my friendddddddddddddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent run through of early Tina &.... Thanks Hervé (& BB)

    Cheers
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw 'Unlucky Creature' in the track listing I knew that this was put together by a fan. Excellent choices, Hervé - thank you, sir!

    Rest in peace, Miss Tina...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rock 'n' Roll Steve,
      Herve has chosen wisely on these.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Now that's what I call an amazing work of love and respect ! Thanks soooo much, Hervé and Butterboy for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chocoreve,
      Nice to see you here. Thanks for the great comment.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. She lives on in her legacy, D.
      We are richer for it.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Very nice compilation. Thanks Hervé and Butterboy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant comp Hervè, thanks so much for this amazing tribute to a unique talent. And thanks BB for opening up your Blog to new contributors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, harry the dog.
      Herve was on the money with this and deserved to be a feature.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  8. @Aussie, Stephen, Rock ‘n’ Roll Steve, Chocoreve, Pol, D, Jean-Jacques, Harry,
    Thanks a lot guys, your words are honey. Huge thanks to BB of course.

    ReplyDelete