Tuesday, August 27, 2019

VA - 101 Hits Northern Soul [2018] (5 X CD's)




NORTHERN SOUL


VA - 101 Hits Northern Soul [2018] (5 X CD's)

A storming 101-track compilation featuring Edwin Starr, Dusty Springfield, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Etta James, The Spencer Davis Group, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Terry Callier, Mary Wells and many others! A collection dominated by Motown recordings, this is excellent value for money. The compilation is jam packed with great music. For anyone who loves 60s Motown or Northern Soul it's a great addition to any collection. (Amazon)


===========================================================

Pt.1    Pt.2 

===========================================================

Track lists

 CD1


  01. I Got A Feeling - Barbara Randolph
  02. Love, Love, Love - Bobby Hebb
  03. When I'm Gone - Brenda Holloway
  04. Stop Her On The Sight (S.O.S.) - Edwin Starr
  05. Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - Frank Wilson
  06. The Night - Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons
  07. No One Could Love You More - Gladys Knight & The Pips
  08. Moody Woman - Jerry Butler
  09. Helpless - Kim Weston
  10. Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
  11. There's A Ghost In My House - R. Dean Taylor
  12. Wade In The Water - Ramsey Lewis Trio
  13. Just A Little Misunderstanding - The Contours
  14. Run For Cover - The Dells
  15. Heaven Must Have Sent You - The Elgins
  16. Something About You - Four Tops
  17. I'll Keep Holding On - The Marvelettes
  18. I'll Always Love You - The Spinners
  19. These Things Will Keep Me Loving You - The Velvelettes
  20. You're Gonna Love My Baby - Barbara McNair

 CD2

  01. Stormy - Diana Ross & The Supremes
  02. It's Better To Have (And Don't Need) - Don Covay
  03. Shake Me, Wake Me (When It's Over) - Four Tops
  04. Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart - Gladys Knight & The Pips
  05. Baby, I Love You - Howard Tate
  06. Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie - Jay & The Techniques
  07. He Who Picks A Rose - Jimmy Ruffin
  08. Friday Night - Johnnie Taylor
  09. Let's Wade In The Water - Marlena Shaw
  10. I Miss You Baby (How I Miss You) - Marv Johnson
  11. Name It You Got It - Micky Moonshine
  12. Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You) - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
  13. Nothing's Too Good For My Baby - Stevie Wonder
  14. Ordinary Joe - Terry Callier
  15. Baby Hit And Run - The Contours
  16. The Boogaloo Party - The Flamingos
  17. Can't Satisfy - The Impressions
  18. My Love Is Your Love (Forever) - The Isley Brothers
  19. I Got The Fever - Prophets
  20. What More Could A Boy Ask For - The Spinners

 CD3

  01. I'm The One Who Loves You - Darrell Banks
  02. Why Am I Lovin' You - Debbie Dean
  03. What's It Gonna Be - Dusty Springfield
  04. Headline News - Edwin Starr
  05. Keep On Loving Me - Frances Nero
  06. Sweet Thing - Georgie Fame
  07. I Ain't Going Nowhere - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
  08. I'm Gonna Make It Up To You - Kim Weston
  09. Lucky Lucky Me - Marvin Gaye
  10. Let's Go Somewhere - R. Dean Taylor
  11. You Can't Stop A Man In Love - Reuben Howell
  12. Soulful Dress - Sugar Pie DeSanto
  13. Potion Of Love - The Ambers
  14. Key To My Happiness - The Charades
  15. Why When Love Is Gone - The Isley Brothers
  16. Your Love Can Save Me - The Marvelettes
  17. Going To A Go-Go - The Miracles
  18. You've Been So Wonderful To Me - Diana Ross & The Supremes
  19. Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue) - The Temptations
  20. Suspicion - The Originals

 CD4

  01. Baby A Go-Go - Barbara McNair
  02. Dr. Love - Bobby Sheen
  03. Think It Over (Before You Break My Heart) - Brenda Holloway
  04. Love's Gone Bad - Chris Clark
  05. Live It Up - Dusty Springfield
  06. Nowhere To Run - Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers
  07. Bring It On Home To Me - Eddie Floyd
  08. I'm Still Loving You - Kim Weston
  09. One Way Out - Martha & The Vandellas
  10. Drop In The Bucket - Mary Wells
  11. I'm Glad I Fell In Love With You - O.C. Smith
  12. Battened Ships - Odyssey
  13. The Panic Is On - Roy Hamilton
  14. Out To Get You - Shorty Long
  15. All I Do Is Think About You - Tammi Terrell
  16. Look What You Done Boy - The Lollipops
  17. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - The Supremes
  18. I Want A Love I Can See - The Temptations
  19. Gotta Say It, Gonna Tell It Like It Is - Four Tops
  20. It's A Bitter Pill To Swallow - Marvin Gaye

 CD5

  01. Trampoline - The Spencer Davis Group
  02. Baby I Miss You - Tommy Good
  03. Nothing Left To Give - Thelma Houston
  04. Nothing But Heartaches - The Supremes
  05. We'll Keep On Rolling - Brenda Holloway
  06. Crying In The Night - The Monitors
  07. Sure Is A Lotta Woman - The Isley Brothers
  08. Baby Come Home To Me - Shorty Long
  09. Show Me The Way - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
  10. You Can Do It - Kim Weston
  11. Tune Up - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
  12. Sweet Was The Love - Four Tops
  13. Seven Day Fool - Etta James, Riley Hampton
  14. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - Earl Van Dyke & The Soul Brothers
  15. Secret Love - Billy Stewart
  16. Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - Chris Clark
  17. Can't Hold The Feeling Back - Brenda Holloway
  18. I've Been Blessed - Bobby Taylor
  19. 'Til You Were Gone - Frank Wilson
  20. Long After Tonight Is Over - Dusty Springfield
  21. Nothing But A Heartache - The Flirtations

=============================================================
=============================================================

4 comments:

  1. Hi Butterboy,

    Unfortunately, these tracks are missing.

    Can you re-upload them?

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chillamor,
      New links established, tested and working.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Is it possible update these links please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Northerner
      New links established, tested and working.
      Cheers.

      Delete