Wednesday, March 6, 2024

MESSAGE 3 - UPDATE Re - Butterboy is down for now.


Hi All.

I expect to have my PC up and fully running (without stress) by next Monday, 11th March. No major losses and a shiny new power supply. Computers can be weird at times. (It's never the operator). The withdrawals have been terrible, patches don't work...


In the meantime, I am still doing my best to post using my crappy little tablet, very limited features. (I don't think anyone should use my tablet to run a blog.)

I will try to keep to the formats we are all used to. Fortunately, I had some posts prescheduled into the blog framework, including todays post. I also have my own compilations on a separate back up disc, so, Fridays Butterboy compilation will be available.

For the next few days, I will post what I can find, probably a bunch of older posts that need resurrection.  or reups of sets that have been requested previously.

The My Compilation series will not be completed on time and will therefore resume the following week.

Also please note that I will respond to messages when I am able to.

The good thing to come out of this is realizing that not everything we think is a big issue, ever is as big as it first seems. Additionally, a couple of good learnings have been put into the personal memory bank for the future.


Thanks for your patience and support.

Cheers

BB

25 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for all that you do, BB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there's plenty on here to occupy ourselves with in the meantime. You do what you have to do and a big thanks to what you've already done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you BB, and come back to us in good shape with lots of good things to listen to! You could also take a break, because you don't stop in your activity, which has always amazed me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news. Keep up the good work and making us music addicts happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprised that you feel the need to post anything at all! It's hard keeping up with you when you're going full blast! Thanks for all you do BB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You so much BB for all you did, do and will do. We are supporting you in this painfull period

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's good news! You must be going through withdrawal. I'm sure if you need financial support paying for the repair that your fans will be happy to help you out. Just give us the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, BB - that'll give me time to polish the next compilation! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making the world a better place to live in. Your hard work is very much appreciated, each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "It's good news week"! The 1965 Hedgehoppers Anonymous' song title proves to be right with your latest news, BB (I'm very glad about that!), and there's also the great thing about celebrating the 18th (!) birthday of RYP's Twilightzone-Rideyourpony blog. May we all continue in this positive vein! Best, TC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck for the hard work of reup. Supermusicmen never dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As my old mum would say "God bless you sonnyboy."

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's good news BB!
    As they say "There is no loss without a win"!
    I'm sure you'll come back stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck BB, your work is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take all the time you need to get it right - you give us so much it's worth the wait

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, that sucks. I hate when that happens

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all you do for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck BB with all your intentions regarding your PC, I wish you all the best. Just to say, I do love all your posts in terms of stuff that hooks me in - everything is much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many thanks for your great work, BB ! All my wishes of recovery for your PC !

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's funny, but if you had never told us that you had computer problems, we probably wouldn't have known that anything was different. Shows how good you are at keeping things rolling. Keep on buttering that roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rostasi.
      Thanks for that. I am working double time to keep the blog relevant. Fortunately, I had a bunch of post that were prescheduled. Usually, I am 1-2 week ahead. When my PC crashed, I had the black screen of death and expected the worse. My technician says all files and discs are safe. There are 46 Tb stored on NAS drives which I use daily. I only had my crappy little tablet to use for keeping the blog active. It's a learning and I can't wait to get my proper system back and fully running. I should do all my prep work on a usb hard drive.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  21. Just like to thank you for all of the hard work that you do on here it's all very much appreciated. many thanks

    ReplyDelete