Tuesday, July 16, 2019

VA - The Complete Stax Volt Singles 1968-1971, Volume 2 [1993] (9 x CD's)



STAX VOLT 1968-1971

VA - The Complete Stax Volt Singles 1968-1971, Volume 2 [1993] (9 x CD's)


Part two of the definitive collection of the great Memphis soul label, Stax, focuses on the post-Atlantic years, 1968 through 1971, when Stax began its transition from a small, down-home enterprise to a corporate soul powerhouse. Vol. 2 contains all soul singles issued by Stax/Volt during that time period, and features some of the biggest hits of the day, as well as a number of little-known gems by both major and less familiar artists. (Amazon)

===========================================================



===========================================================

Track list

CD1


  1. I Was Born To Love You - Shirley Walton
  2. Precious, Precious - Isaac Hayes
  3. Send Peace And Harmony Home - Shirley Walton
  4. Soul Limbo - Booker T. & The MGs
  5. I've Never Found A Girl (To Love Me Like You Do) - Eddie Floyd
  6. It's Been A Long Time Coming - Delaney/Bonnie
  7. What A Man - Linda Lyndell
  8. I Like Everything About You - Jimmy Hughes
  9. Stay Baby Stay - Johnny Daye
  10. Private Number - Judy Clay/William Bell
  11. So Nice - Mad Lads
  12. Long Walk To D.C. - Staple Singers
  13. Give 'Em Love - Soul Children
  14. Funky Mississippi - Rufus Thomas
  15. Lovin' Feeling - Charmels
  16. Where Do I Go - Carla Thomas
  17. Bed Of Roses - Judy Clay
  18. Bring It On Home To Me - Eddie Floyd
  19. It's Unbelievable (How You Control My Soul) - Jeanne And The Darlings
  20. Who's Making Love - Johnnie Taylor
  21. Mighty Cold Winter - Dino And Doc
  22. Hang 'Em High - Booker T. & The MGs
  23. You're Leaving Me - Ollie/Nightingales
  24. Copy Kat - Bar-Kays
  25. I Forgot To Be Your Lover - William Bell
  26. Running Out - Mable John
  27. My Baby Specializes - William Bell/Judy Clay
  28. I'll Understand - Soul Children

CD2

  1. The Ghetto - Staple Singers
  2. Blues Power - Albert King
  3. The Echo - Epsilons
  4. Funky Way - Rufus Thomas
  5. Take Care Of Your Homework - Johnnie Taylor
  6. I Like What You're Doing (To Me) - Carla Thomas
  7. I've Got To Have Your Love - Eddie Floyd
  8. Let 'Em Down Baby - Jimmy Hughes
  9. Love Is Here Today And Gone Tomorrow - Mad Lads
  10. It Ain't Long Enough - Judy Clay
  11. Mellow Way You Treat Your Man - Ollie/Nightingales
  12. Private Number - Sonny Stitt
  13. Time Is Tight - Booker T. & The MGs
  14. Double Or Nothing - Mar-Keys
  15. (Sittin' On The) Dock Of The Bay - Staple Singers
  16. So I Can Love You - Emotions
  17. Don't Stop Dancing (To The Music) (Part 1) - Bar-Kays
  18. One More Chance - Margie Joseph
  19. I Wanna Be Good (To You) - Jimmy Dotson
  20. Finger Lickin' Good - Art Jerry Miller
  21. Tighten Up My Thang - Soul Children
  22. My Whole World Is Falling Down - William Bell
  23. Testify (I Wanna) - Johnnie Taylor
  24. Drowning On Dry Land - Albert King
  25. Do The Cissy - Stingers
  26. Don't Tell Your Mama (Where You've Been) - Eddie Floyd

CD3

  1. Mrs. Robinson - Booker T. & The MGs
  2. Love's Sweet Sensation - William Bell/Mavis Staples
  3. Just Because Your Love Is Gone - Darrell Banks
  4. Chains Of Love - Jimmy Hughs
  5. Happy - William Bell
  6. The Challenge - Staple Singers
  7. Soul-a-lujah - Johnnie Taylor/Eddie Floyd/William Bell/Pervis Staples/Carla Thomas/Mavis Staples/Cleotha Staples
  8. Never, Never Let You Go - Eddie Floyd/Mavis Staples
  9. Just Keep On Loving Me - Johnnie Taylor/Carla Thomas
  10. I Need You Woman - William Bell/Carla Thomas
  11. I've Got A Feeling - Ollie/Nightingales
  12. It's Time To Pay For The Fun (We've Had) - Jeanne/Darlings
  13. I Could Never Be President - Johnnie Taylor
  14. By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Mad Lads
  15. Long And Lonely World - Colette Kelly
  16. Midnight Cowboy - Bar-Kays
  17. I've Fallen In Love (With You) - Carla Thomas
  18. Slum Baby - Booker T. & The MGs
  19. The Best Part Of A Love Affair - Emotions
  20. By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Isaac Hayes
  21. Walk On By - Isaac Hayes
  22. Tupelo (Part 1) - Pop Staples/Albert King/Steve Cropper
  23. Water - Steve Cropper/Albert King/Pop Staples
  24. The Sweeter He Is (Part 1) - Soul Children
  25. You're Driving Me (To The Arms Of A Stranger) - Mavis Staples

CD4

  1. Open Up Your Heart (Let Me In) - Newcomers
  2. Why Is the Wine Sweeter (On The Other Side) - Eddie Floyd
  3. When Will We Be Paid - Staple Singers
  4. Grinder Man - John Lee Hooker
  5. Born Under A Bad Sign - William Bell
  6. What You Gonna Do - Margie Joseph
  7. I'm So Glad - Jimmy Hughes
  8. Beautiful Feelings - Darrell Banks
  9. Your Love Was Strange - Dramatics
  10. Love Bones - Johnnie Taylor
  11. Hard To Say Goodbye - Delaney/Bonnie
  12. Got To Get Rid Of You - J.J. Barnes
  13. Habit Forming Love - Reggie Milner
  14. My Thing Is A Moving Thing - T.S.U. Toronadoes
  15. Stealing Love - Emotions
  16. When Tomorrow Comes - Emotions
  17. Wrapped Up In Love Again - Albert King
  18. Do The Funky Chicken - Rufus Thomas
  19. California Girl - Eddie Floyd
  20. Tribute To A Black Woman (Part 1) - Bernie Hayes
  21. Sang And Dance - Bar-Kays
  22. Hold On, I'm Coming - Soul Children
  23. Love's Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down (Part 1) - Chuck Brooks
  24. Help Me Put Out The Flame (In My Heart) - Ernie Hines
  25. Black Boy - Roebuck 'Pop' Staples

CD5

  1. Bracing Myself For The Fall - Ollie/Nightingales
  2. All I Have To Do Is Dream - William Bell/Carla Thomas
  3. Sining About Love - Jeanne/Darlings
  4. Goodies - Chris/Shak
  5. Just The Way You Are Today - Barbara Lewis
  6. The Creeper Returns - Little Sonny
  7. Guide Me Well - Carla Thomas
  8. Give A Damn - Staple Singers
  9. Steal Away - Johnnie Taylor
  10. Your Sweet Lovin' - Margie Joseph
  11. I Forgot To Remember - Jones/Blumeberg
  12. Can't See You When I Want To - David Porter
  13. Never Be True - Carla Thomas
  14. Can't You See What You're Doing To Me - Albert King
  15. Sixty Minute Man (Part 2) - Rufus Thomas
  16. The Preacher And The Bear - Rufus Thomas
  17. Something - Booker T. & The MGs
  18. Seeing Is Believin' - Mad Lads
  19. You're My Only Temptation - Roz Ryan
  20. What I Don't Know Won't Hurt Me - Paul Thompson
  21. Right, TIght And Out Of Sight - Branding Iron
  22. (What's Under) The Natural Do - John Kasandra

CD6

  1. My Girl - Eddie Floyd
  2. I Have Learned To Do Without You - Mavis Staples
  3. Play The Music Toronadoes - T.S.U. Toronadoes
  4. Lonely Soldier - William Bell
  5. Heart Association - Emotions
  6. I Stand Accused - Isaac Hayes
  7. Brand New Day - Staple Singers
  8. Sweeter Tomorrow - Margie Joseph
  9. Cool Strut - Bernie Hayes
  10. You Put The Sunshine Back In My World - Newcomers
  11. Montego Bay - Bar-Kays
  12. Got It Together (Parts 1 & 2) - Rudy Robinson/Hungry Five
  13. Wade In The Water - Little Sonny
  14. You're Movin' Much Too Fast - Nightingales
  15. The Best Years Of My Life - Eddie Floyd
  16. I Am Somebody (Part 2) - Johnnie Taylor
  17. I Loved You Like I Love My Very Life - Carla Thomas
  18. Soul Machine - Reggie Milner
  19. (Follow Her) Rules And Regulations - Tempress
  20. (Do The) Push And Pull (Part 1) - Rufus Thomas
  21. Love Changes - Charlene/Soul Serenades
  22. Put Your World In My World (Best Of Two Worlds) - Soul Children
  23. Love Is Plentiful - Staple Singers

CD7

  1. Heavy Makes You Happy (Ska-Na-Boom Boom) - Staple Singers
  2. Who Took The Merry Out Of Christmas - Staple Singers
  3. Too Many Lovers - Shak
  4. Black Christmas - Emotions
  5. The Mistletoe And Me - Isaac Hayes
  6. Ask The Lonley - Barbara Lewis
  7. Jody's Got Your Girl And Gone - Johnnie Taylor
  8. Finish Me Off - Soul Children
  9. Oh, How It Rained - Eddie Floyd
  10. The Look Of Love - Isaac Hayes
  11. Electrified Love - Ernie Hines
  12. Melting Pot - Booker T. & The MGs
  13. That's The Way I Like It (I Like it That Way) - Barbara Lewis
  14. Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight
  15. You Make Me Want To Love You - Emotions
  16. Stop! In The Name Of Love - Margie Joseph
  17. I Don't Wanna Lose You - Johnnie Taylor
  18. (Girl) I Love You - Temprees
  19. The World Is Round - Rufus Thomas
  20. A Penny For Your Thoughts - William Bell
  21. never Can Say Goodbye - Issac Hayes
  22. I Don't Want To Be Like My Daddy - Nightingales

CD8

  1. You've Got To Earn It - Staple Singers
  2. Hold On To It - Limitations
  3. Watcha See Is Watcha Get - Dramatics
  4. Born Too Late - Branding Iron
  5. Just Ain't Strong As I Used To Be (You Done Fed Me Sumpin') - Jimmy Hughes
  6. That Other Woman Got My Man And Gone - Margie Joseph
  7. If You Think It (You May As Well Do It) - Emotions
  8. Shame On The Family Name - Calvin Scott
  9. Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Eddie Floyd
  10. (The Soul Philosopher): Hijackin' Love - Johnnie Taylor
  11. Sweetback's Theme - Melvin Van Peebles
  12. The Breakdown (Part 1) - Rufus Thomas
  13. Pin The Tail On The Donkey - Newcomers
  14. Them Hot Pants - Lee Sain
  15. If That Ain't A Reason (For Your Woman To Leave You) - Little Milton
  16. It's Good To Be Careful (But It's Better To Be Loved) - Shack
  17. Where Would You Be Today - Ilana
  18. Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven - Albert King
  19. Go To Get Away From It All - Soul Children
  20. Love's Creepin Up On Me - United Image
  21. Show Me How - Emotions
  22. If I Give It Up, I Want It Back - David Porter
  23. A Woman Named Trouble - Little Sonny

CD9

  1. Losing Boy - Eddie Giles
  2. Respect Yourself - Staple Singers
  3. I'll Kill A Brick (About My Man) - Hot Sauce
  4. You Think You're Hot Stuff - Jean Knight
  5. All For The Love Of A Woman - William Bell
  6. Theme From 'Shaft' - Isaac Hayes
  7. Jamaica, This Morning - MGS
  8. Gone! The Promises Of Yesterday - Mad Lads
  9. Girl, Come On Home - Major Lance
  10. (Let Hurt Put You In The) Loser's Seat - Joni Wilson
  11. My Baby Love - Tempress
  12. How Do You Move A Mountain - Leaders
  13. Black Nasty: Black Nasty Boogie (Part 6) - Black Nasty
  14. Do The Funky Penguin (Part 1) - Rufus Thomas
  15. You've Got A Cushion To Fall On - Carla Thomas
  16. Get Up And Get Down - Dramatics
  17. Son Of Shaft - Bar-Kays
  18. Don't Cha Mess With My Money, My Honey, Or My Woman - L.V. Johnson
  19. I Can Smell That Funky Music - Eric Mercury
  20. A Sadness For Things - Calvin Scott
  21. That's What Love Will Make You Do - Little Milton
  22. Standing In For Jody - Johnnie Taylor

=============================================================
=============================================================

6 comments:

  1. Hi , all links are dead could we have a re up please ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias!!! Excelente aporte!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown,
      You are welcome.
      Glad you found music that you like.
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Good evening, Mr. Butterboy, is it possible for you to post all three volumes from this compilation series (VA - The Complete Stax Volt Singles) again? I would be very happy!! Many thanks in advance for your effort and time. Kindly regards, Catchear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael /Catchear
      Links are reestablished, tested and working for All. I will also post. All as a repost later today
      Cheers.

      Delete