Thursday, July 18, 2019

VA - Lady Sings The Blues Vol. 1 [2002] + Vol. 2 [2003] (4 x CD's)




LADIES SINGS THE BLUES

VA - Lady Sings The Blues Vol. 1 [2002] + Vol. 2 [2003] (4 x CD's)


===========================================================







===========================================================

Track lists

Volume 1 CD1


01 Norah Jones - Don't Know Why    
02 Randy Crawford - Rainy Day In Georgia    
03 Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel) Like A Natural Woman    
04 Dusty Springfield - The Look Of Love    
05 Peggy Lee - Fever    
06 Etta James  - I Just Wanna Make Love To You    
07 Ella Fitzgerald - Night & Day    
08 Billie Holiday - That Ole Devil Called Love    
09 Dinah Washington - Mad About You    
10 Dionne Warwick - Walk On By    
11 Nancy Wilson - All Night Long    
12 June Christy - Something Cool    
13 Sarah Vaughan - Misty    
14 Erma Franklin - Piece Of My Heart    
15 Bobbie Gentry - Son Of A Preacherman    
16 Julie London - Cry Me A River    
17 Dinah Shore & André Previn - My Funny Valentine    
18 Ella Fitzgerald - Summertime    
19 Nina Simone - I Loves You Porgy    
20 Julie London - 'Round Midnight    

Volume 1 CD2

01 Ella Fitzgerald - Every Time We Say Goodbye    
02 Julie London - Fly Me To The Moon    
03 Dinah Washington - Call Me Irresponsible    
04 Lena Horne & Ray Ellis And His Orchestra - In Love In Vain    
05 Tina Turner - Night Time Is The Right Time    
06 Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me    
07 Erma Franklin - Light My Fire    
08 Aretha Franklin - Today I Sing The Blues    
09 Janis Joplin - Me & Bobby McGee    
10 Dianne Reeves - In A Sentimental Mood    
11 Nancy Wilson - Wives And Lovers    
12 Nina Simone - Wild Is The Wind    
13 Kay Starr - Baby Won't You Please Come Home    
14 Sue Raney - When Your Lover Has Gone    
15 Peggy Lee - The Man I Love    
16 Sarah Vaughan & Jimmy Jones & His Orchestra - Stormy Weather    
17 Betty Lavette - Let Me Down Easy    
18 Irma Thomas - Wish Someone Would Care    
19 Bettye Swann - Tell It Like It Is    
20 Billie Holiday With Paul Whiteman And His Orchestra - Trav'Lin Time    
21 Cassandra Wilson - Time After Time    
22 Lisa Ekdahl - Daybreak

Volume 2 CD

  1. Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
  2. Dinah Washington - Mad About The Boy
  3. Aretha Franklin - All Night Long
  4. Peggy Lee - The Man I Love
  5. Nina Simone - I Wish I Knew How It Felt To Be Free
  6. Sarah Vaughan - Lover Man
  7. Ella Fitzgerald - Its Only A Paper Moon
  8. Julie London - Go Slow
  9. Nancy Wilson - The Nearness Of You
  10. Billie Holiday - Georgia on My Mind
  11. Dinah Washington - Baby Won't You Please Come Home
  12. Erma Franklyn - Light My Fire
  13. Dusty Springfield - You don't Have To say you love me
  14. P.P. Arnold - First cut is the deepest
  15. Ann Peebles - I Cant Stand The Rain
  16. Irma Thomas - Time Is On My Side
  17. Esther Philips - How Blue Can You Get?
  18. Ernestine Anderson - What A Difference A Day Makes
  19. Lou Rawls and Diane Reeves - At Last
  20. Julie London - In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
  21. Cassandra Wilson - Time After Time
  22. Eva Cassidy (Duet with Chuck Brown) - Need Your Love So Bad
  23. Keely Smith - Night & Day

Volume 2 CD2

  1. Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares For Me
  2. Gladys Knight - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
  3. Bobby Gentry - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
  4. Nina Simone - I Loves You Porgy
  5. Aretha Franklin - Unforgettable
  6. Sarah Vaughan - All or Nothing At All
  7. Maxine Brown - Oh No Not My Baby
  8. Peggy Scott - Every Little Bit Hurts
  9. Carla Thomas - I Like What You're Doing To Me
  10. Nancy Wilson - Here's That Rainy Day
  11. Sue Rainey - September In The Rain
  12. Julie London - The Thrill Is Gone
  13. Keely Smith - Someone To Watch Over Me
  14. Dinah Shore - My Funny Valentine
  15. Kay Starr - I Cry By Night
  16. Betty Hutton - Hit The Road To Dreamland
  17. Billie Holiday - Love Me Or Leave Me
  18. June Christy - Looking For a Boy
  19. Sarah Vaughan - In A Sentimental Mood
  20. Karrin Allyson - Moanin'
  21. Peggy Lee - As Time Goes By
  22. Julie London - Around Midnight
  23. Billie Holiday - Night and Day

=============================================================
=============================================================

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for these. I had Vol 2 already but not Vol 1, so good to get it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, could you please re upload these ones ?
    cheers, Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark i,
      New link established, tested and working.

      Cheers.

      Delete