Thursday, May 30, 2019

VA - SoulShaker Vol. 01 to Vol. 07 [2004 - 2010] (7 x CD's)




SOULSHAKERS

VA - SoulShaker Vol. 01 to Vol. 07 [2004 - 2010] (7 x CD's)

The explosive sound of the deep funk scene is captured perfectly here on one of THE BEST deep funk compilations ever! The SOULSHAKER compilations from Record Kicks is a good reminder of why the new deep funk sound is so popular. Almost all tracks here are featured on CD format for the first time.

Funky soul galore - all of it current, and all of it plenty darn great as well! Back when the first volume of this series was released, the idea of contemporary funk was a bit of a novelty - but now, the deep funk underground is really getting some key exposure on a global level – and a collection like this is a good reminder of why it's so great in the first place! Artists span the best from both the US and European scenes - and although recorded recently, all the tracks here have a hard, gritty feel that's every bit as wonderful as the best funky 45's you might find from the 60's and 70's.

===========================================================

VA - SoulShaker Vol. 01 + Vol. 02
https://krakenfiles.com/view/2ccc9a6e6e/file.html

VA - SoulShaker Vol. 03 + Vol. 04
https://krakenfiles.com/view/f634c8b07f/file.html

VA - SoulShaker Vol. 05 + Vol. 06 + Vol. 07

https://krakenfiles.com/view/f16d34d43c/file.html

===========================================================

Track lists

SoulShaker Vol.1 (2004)

01. Dynamo Productions - Steppin It Up
02. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Got A Thing On My Mind
03. The Frank Popp Ensemble - You've Been Gone Too Long
04. Big Boss Man - Sea Grove
05. Jinrai - Dr Faustus
06. Bongolian - Champagne And Pizza
07. Sugarman 3 & Co. With Lee Fields - Shot Down
08. Soul 69 - Soul 69 Theme
09. Link Quartet - Strudel Girl
10. Montefiori Cocktail - Pardon
11. Mike Painter And The Family Shakers - El Diablos Smelly Shoes
12. Speedometer - Wait Up
13. Andy Lewis - One By One
14. Joseph Henry & The Mighty Imperials - I've Never Found A Girl
15. Mini Vip - Prive
16. Trash Monkeys - Clubtown
17. Studio Davoli - Superpartner

SoulShaker Vol.2 (2005)

01. Voodoo Trombone Quartet - Your Pleasure is Our Pleasure
02. Big Boss Man - Kelvin Stardust
03. Speedometer - Have You Got the Message
04. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Just Dropped in
05. Quantic Feat Spanky Wilson - Dont Joke with A Hungry Man
06. Lemon - Hell Yeah
07. Kahuna Kawentzmann - Gogo Sitar
08. Smoove Feat Jess Roberts - Coming Back
09. Link Quartet - Sweet Little Apples
10. Nick Rossi Set - Foolkiller
11. Sting Ray Davies and the Organ - Upstairs at Boston Road
12. Boogaloo Investigators - If You Reap Boogaloo
13.  Diplomats of Solid Sound - Loaf and Jug
14. Funkplosion - The Love Jet
15. Soul Destroyers Feat Sharo - Fackinit
16. Stoned Soul Picnic - Doctor Gonzo
17. Slow Slushy Boys - I Cant Believe What You Say

SoulShaker Vol.3 (2006)

01. Bamboos feat Alice Russell - Trascend Me
02. Breakestra feat Choklate - Take my time
03. Big Daddy Monchin - Ratpack
04. Quantic Soul Orchestra - Pushin'On
05. Phat Fred - Stay on the groove
06. Hi-Fly - Hi-Fidelity
07. Bronx River Parkway - La Valla
08. Smoove - Tired feet
09. 2020Vision vs. New Mastersounds - Belive
10. Gary Davis - Gotta get your love (Kenny Dope rmx)
11. Budos Band - Aynotchesh Yererfu
12. Sweet Vandals - Do it right
13. Poets of Rythm - Practice what you preach
14. Link Quartet - Move move move
15. Soul Snatcher - Who told you
16. Speak Low - Meters Bread

SoulShaker Vol.4 (2007)

01. Quantic & Alice Russell - Sound Of Everything (Senorlobo & Watch TV remix)
02. Sweet Vandals - Too Much
03. Soul Snatchers & Curtis T. - Good Foot Down
04. Binky Griptite & The Mellomatics - Mellomatic Mood
05. Boogoos - Bubbles (part 1)
06. Unity - Don't Wanna Change (Aiff remix)
07. Kokolo - Each One Teach One
08. Steven Perri & Zamaun - Street Scene
09. Unity - Escape (Diesler remix)
10. Diplomats Of Solid Sound & The Diplomettes - Budget Fro
11. Enri - The Performer
12. New Mastersounds - Land of nod (Lack of Afro remix)
13. Mr. Comicstore & Nicole Willis - Are you ready to the party
14. Baby Charles - Coming from a higher place
15. Ben Westbeech - So Good Today (The Dap Kings remix)
16. Tuomo - Don't Take It Too Hard

SoulShaker Vol.5 (2008)


01. Kings Go Forth - One Day
02. Shaolin Temple Defenders - 7 Deadly Corners
03. Eli "Paperboy" Reed - Satisfier
04. Trio Valore - Return Of The Iron Monkey
05. Kokolo - Girls On Film
06. Unity - I Don't Wanna Change (Nostalgia 77 Remix)
07. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Keep On Looking (Kenny Dope Remix)
08. Zamali - No Luck To Run
09. Andy Lewis - Devastated (Mr. Comicstore Remix)
10. Baby Charles - Time Wasting
11. Osaka Monaurail - Double Up Now
12. Diplomats Of Solid Sound - Trouble Me
13. Sweet Divines - Heckuva Man
14. Breakestra - Little Miss Funky Sole
15. New Matersounds - Idle Time (Lack Of Afro Remix)
16. Lee McDonald - Ill Do Anything For You (Red Astaire Philly Mix)

SoulShaker Vol.6 (2009)

01. Mishal Moore - Oh Lord (Kenny Dope/Kay-Dee Version)
02. Laura Vane & The Vipertones - Did It Anyway
03. Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators feat. Jimi Tenor - You Better Change
04. Dojo Cuts feat. Roxie Ray - Uptight
05. Ray Lugo L.E.S. Express feat. Elani - I Dream Of Bahia
06. Diplomats of Solid Soul feat. The Diplomettes - If You're Wrong
07. Hi-Fly Orchestra - Roda De Samba
08. Milano Jazz Dance Combo - Turn Up The Heat
09. New Mastersounds - Bus Stop No 5 (Afrokats Crew rmx)
10. Kokolo feat. Jojo Kuo - Afrika Man
11. Trio Valore - El Compadre
12. Joe Kane & The Privates Hammond Orchestra - I'm Sorry (Can I Please Come Home)
13. Link Quartett - Purple Haze
14. Soulful Torino Orchestra - Soul Burger
15. Shaolin Temple Defenders - International Soul (Dynamics rmx)
16. Crabs Corporation - Reggae Power
17. Baby Charles - Jackson Fingers
18. Gizelle Smith - June

SoulShaker Vol.7 (2010)

01. Elder Williams Smith - His Voice (02:59)
02. Liberators - Rags To Riches (Jazz Dance edit) (04:37)
03. Ray Harris&The Fusion Experience - Scaramunga (B-Dub Soulshaker remix) (03:09)
04. Underbelly ? Shepards Pie (04:00)
05. Dojo Cuts - Grand Carnival (03:20)
06. Kokolo Afrobeat Orchestra - Bring It Up (02:43)
07. Third Coast Kings - Tonic Stride (05:04)
08. Shaolin Temple Defenders - I Know What It Is (03:41)
09. Diplomats Of Solid Sound - Gimme One More Chance (03:27)
10. The Pepperpots - Real Tru Love (03:38)
11. 6ix Toys - Do Your Thing (03:59)
12. Los Granadians Del Espacio Exterior - New York City (03:04)
13. Ray Lugo's Les Express - Me Tokan En Japan (03:00)
14. The Hifly Orchestra ? Sookie Sookie (06:30)
15. Roy Ellis & The Teenagers ? Let Me Take You Hi... (02:37)
16. Graps Corporation - Bring Down The Birds (Flying High mix) (03:05)
17. Baker Brothers - Once I Had A Friend (04:09)

=============================================================
=============================================================

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Butterboy, great blog & nice upgrade !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir
      Very nice to see the great Chocoreve here leaving a comment.

      Cheerss.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try this, thank you, as the variety between all the genres covering Soul, Acid Jazz, Future Jazz, Jazz-Funk, Downtempo, Funk, Trip Hop, Electronic, Reggae from the 2k's, there's got to be something I'll like (I'm partial to the likes of Incognito's vibe).

    Some Artists I came across a while back that don't seem to be 'out there' you might want to check out; "Arlissa"; "Kirby" (possibly Kirby Lauryen); "Madison Ryann Ward"; "Nao"; "Kiana Ledé". I came across by chance on Youtube :)

    Have you anything by Rachelle Ferrell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st up that shouts out is a cover of the original (for me) of Ann Sexton's "You've Been Gone Too Long", so a) I hope to hear a few more 'versions' in this collection & b) I hope people might check for other versions / originals etc if these songs are new to them :) Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Puw,
      Firstly, thank you for all your comments and suggestion and interest in what I have posted. I really appreciate the feedback and shared information.
      I cannot answer all of you comments as I am still traveling and time is precious at the moment. I hope you understand. I just want to say that I am glad you are enjoying the finds you commented on. Enjoy the music, Soulman.

      Here is Rachell Ferrell - Rachell Ferrell [1992]
      https://www56.zippyshare.com/v/1lgsGFWf/file.html

      Cheers,

      Delete
    2. I have some Ann Sexton if you want. Just shout out. Additionally I have more Frank Popp Ensemble. Again yell out if you want to explore these or i will add them to the crate at some stage.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I totally understand, thanks for this reply :) I hope where I can with my limited knowledge to pass on to other peeps that find you as I did, anything that may be of interest. As much as it is time consuming, I like to gather info, background, album and artist's art etc on album and artist discoveries as I download (for easy reference & tagging purposes mainly), so anything I come across I'm happy to add into my replies, and I'm glad you're ok with this :)

    I have to say, though I only cherry picked titles from all 7 rar's to check everything's ok in the wee hours, this set is simply astounding from what I heard, and with a heavy sigh, will get me on the hunt for many of the included and unheard of to me artists included.

    It was a bit of a surprise to me when I heard what I did, since the label (Record Kicks) is Italian and gave me an initial sense of 'perhaps' Euro-Pop made over to look better, but I'm blown away by a lot of these. Unable to really find these (and I'm going to go in heavy to search for more from this label) from a quick search both by title and images, tells me that these are quite unknown, which adds more benefit to finding them :)

    Thank you for Rachell - I've watched a concert and she ticks quite a few boxes where many Jazz artists don't for me, so I'm beginning a new relationship with her thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Butterboy,

    Unfortunately, these tracks are missing.

    Can you re-upload them?

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chillamor,
      Links updated, tested and working.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much, i spent lot of time in these days to search these volumes and then I remembered your blog...Done, in few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Cougar1962.
      I think I will repost this one.
      Always something to find here.
      Cheers.

      Delete