Saturday, August 21, 2021

MUSIC DOCUMENTARY #28 THE SPARKS BROTHERS MP4

 

MUSIC DOCUMENTARY #28   

THE SPARKS BROTHERS MP4

Sparks is an American pop and rock duo formed by brothers Ron (keyboards) and Russell Mael (vocals). Known for their quirky approach to songwriting,[1] Sparks' music is often accompanied by sophisticated and acerbic lyrics, often about women or Shakespearean literature references, and an idiosyncratic, theatrical stage presence, typified in the contrast between Russell's animated, hyperactive frontman antics and Ron's deadpan scowling. They are also noted for Russell Mael's distinctive wide-ranging voice and Ron Mael's intricate and rhythmic keyboard playing style. They were much more successful in Europe than in their native US, though they maintain a loyal cult following in the States.

The Sparks Brothers is a 2021 documentary film directed by Edgar Wright. The film is about Ron and Russell Mael, members of the pop and rock duo Sparks.  The film had its world premiere at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival on January 30, 2021, and was theatrically released in North America on June 18, 2021, by Focus Features  THE SPARKS BROTHERS, is a musical odyssey through five weird and wonderful decades with Ron and Russell Mael celebrating the inspiring legacy of Sparks. (Anazon)

==========================================================

==========================================================

==========================================================

13 comments:

  1. Might be blocked because of where I'm based but does link seem OK your end. Desperate to see this. Thanks so much for the Sparks tunes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi deathandtaxes.
      I just checked the dl and it is working fine for me. I don't know how you dl but may I suggest you try an alternate browser or using a VPN .

      Delete
    2. Cheers for checking. Not to savvy on computer things. Again thanks for all the great tunes and now videos. You've led me to some great new music.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant documentary, highly recommended!
    I saw it already, but thought that at least someone should leave a comment here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi drfeelgoed,
      Thanks for that. Appreciated.
      This is a thoroughly entertaining documentary.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Simply awesome - I hope everybody watches this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, heartofstone.
      It is is a great Documentary.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Awesome, you came through again! I was waiting to see this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't even heard of this film till just now; wow - thanks, Butter... cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aging Child,
      Put your feet up and watch this one. Its great.
      I bet after watching it you will want to dig out your Sparks LP's or Play the compilation i just posted.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Hey BB.. tell me if I am wrong but I'm thinking this one should be #28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mrRadio,
      Are they not #28...

      😀
      I just changed it thanks for making me aware. I get caught sometimes, probably need more sleep.

      Cheers.

      Delete